FAA Section 333 Exemptions
Are you up-to-date with the latest local and FAA regulations regarding commercial UAS (drone) use? Are you flying legally? These are a few of the important questions our aviation attorneys can answer.
Exemptions for Commercial Operations
Carriere & Little can help clients petition the FAA for an exemption to fly commercially under Section 333 of the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012. The FAA recently released the small UAS Notice of Proposed Rulemaking but this is not a Final Rule. Until it is, flying a UAS (drone) commercially and legally requires a Section 333 Grant of Exemption from the FAA.
What is a commercial use of a UAS (drone)?
Any commercial use in connection with a business, including:
- Selling photos or videos taken from a UAS (drone)
- Using UAS(drone) to provide contract services, such as industrial equipment or factory inspection
- Using UAS (drone) to provide professional services, such as security or telecommunications
What are some examples of commercial uses of UAS (drone) ?
- Professional real estate or wedding photography
- Professional cinema photography for a film or television production
- Providing contract services for mapping or land surveys
~We offer a reasonable flat fee for complete Section 333 Exemption petitions. This fee is dependent on the size of your company and the type of services you propose for exemption. Our starting fee is $795.00 for a petition which includes one drone. We can also provide a simple review of client supplied documents prior to submission to the FAA and give you feedback.
In addition to our legal work we can provide a referral to an experienced aviation consultant that can help you with needed operations and training manuals, etc.
For a free initial consultation about filing a Section 333 exemption petition fill out our Contact Us form or email us at Section 333 Exemptions. You can also call to discuss your situation directly at 720-979-0922.
Download KNOW BEFORE YOU FLY brochure.